Smoke savory meats and vegetables and cook the signature recipes from the kitchen of Buxton Hall Barbecue in Asheville, NC with Buxton Hall Barbecue's Book of Smoke.
Named one of Bon Appetit's top 10 for America's Best New Restaurants 2016!
In Buxton Hall Barbecue's Book of Smoke, believers in slow-smoked, old-fashioned barbecue will learn how to build and master their own pit, right at home. Start small with chicken or pit beef and work your way up to a whole hog. If you're not yet ready for the pit or limited on space, Moss also teaches easy, economical ways to infuse wood-smoke into your food.
Therecipes include all of the Buxton Hall favorites, including:
- Deep-fried Smoked Catfish
- Smoky Pimento Cheese
- Turnip Soup with Charred Onions
- Slow-cooked Collards
- You will also get whole hog, zero-waste recipes with tastes including:
- Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Cracklin
- Classic South Carolina-style Hash
- Chicken Bog
- And will finish the meal with Buxton's take on classic southern desserts like:
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Grape Hull Pie
- S'mores with Homemade Marshmallows